Saturday, September 3, 2011

Summer is filled with fun, friends, and FOOD!

Since the last post summer kept on ticking at a beautifully slow pace. To say I enjoyed being home with my little man is such an understatement! We enjoyed long stroller walks, going to library story times, making dinner and treats for Daddy, it was bliss. And it was busy! Look at everything we did!

We had to get a new bathtub for our BIG VACATION! We drove down to Oklahoma so Jake could meet his Auntie Angela, Uncle Erik, and cousins!


Jake is all ready for our trip to Oklahoma! We packed up and headed out at bedtime. Too bad little man didn't sleep all that well on the way down! Jake had a great time meeting his Auntie, Uncle, and cousins for the first time!!!



"I'm sorry Mama -- did you want this calendar for something??"

In the beginning of August we trekked down to Illinois with Sue to see our friend Erin and her beautiful girls. A few weeks later they added another baby girl to their mix! Can't wait to go visit again and see our new playmate!



It wouldn't be a Wisconsin summer without our first time swimming! Jake LOVED every minute of swimming in a big swimming pool! Big smiles!


Another August playdate: Jake's other best bud came over to play! Will is about a month older than Jake. They will be playmates for life, I can see it now!


Messy face! The child loves his food, that's for sure!


As if a first time swimming wasn't exciting enough, we also tried our first time swimming in a lake! Thank you to Mr. Pfalz for taking Jake into the lake! Mom was so excited to get to the lake with Jake I completely forgot my own suit!!


I always seem to find a monthly picture or two that CRACK me up! Jake was not in the mood for pictures this month, mostly because it was a hinderance to all the adventures around the house. I look at this picture and can practically hear him saying, "No, I don't wanna...." Oh, boy....let's not start that already!!


But then, sweet boy that he is, he gave me a GREAT one to finish the day!


And now....summer is done....relaxing days have been replaced with hectic days....Jake now goes to bed earlier to get up MUCH earlier....he has a new sitter (whom he loves)....and school is in full swing! Mama will be relying on pictures even more since I'll be missing so much while I'm busy at work! Can't wait to see what this little guy has in store for us next!


No comments:

Post a Comment