Friday, September 9, 2011

Busy, Busy Bentz House!

It's only been a week since our last post, but it has been a busy week! School is underway and Jake is getting acclimated to his new routine. Early to bed and early to rise! And he LOVES playing with his new friends Emma and Libby every day.

In addition to getting used to our new normal Jake has continued to surprise us each day with something new. First it was creeping, then it was crawling. We've changed his activity mat into a tunnel and oh, is that fun!


One night I was getting dinner ready and I heard him start coming toward the kitchen looking for me. Suddenly I couldn't hear him anymore...must have gotten distracted. I came looking for Jake and found this new adventure!


Anyone who has seen Jake since the day he was born has commented on the amount of hair he has. It's quite something. Try as I might to get to the one year mark before his first haircut, we couldn't wait any longer. Daddy was getting a haircut so we tagged along. They did a GREAT first haircut for Jake! Then they used some gel and spiked it. Daddy filmed it, Jake survived it, and Mom nearly cried! All in all, it was a success! We came home that night and Daddy had time to move the crib mattress down. With the little adventure man we thought better safe than sorry! Two big changes in one night!


Today's photo op was before and after lunch. While I was getting lunch ready Jake was exploring the kitchen island. After lunch he was full of giggles and gave me this great picture.


Does it get any better than this?

No comments:

Post a Comment